za3k > aldenmarsh > party > the steel eye
The Steel Eye is the military arm of the Church of Baneth. We are made up of diverse clerks, military men, investigators, and guards. Welcome, recruit!
A Steelman's Duties
Your duties are to obey the orders of your superior. After two weeks of training, you will be a assigned a full-time job.
- Defend the Church. The first duty of every Steelman is to defend the Church from any and all threats. If the alarm is sounded, report to the nearest church or station immediately.
- Protect your brothers and sisters in arms. If you see a fellow Steelman in trouble, raise a call and help them immediately.
- If you see something, say something. Report any and all crimes, or arrest perpetrators on sight.
- Protect citizenry. Keep the peace. Use the minimum force necessary to restore peace or arrest a criminal.
- Preserve the peace. Diffuse violence by talking to individuals and crowds, before resorting to arrest. Seek permission from with a superior officer before resorting to violence.
- Know the law. Learn the laws of your country. Memorize the policies of the Steel Eye.
- Know the city. Talk to people in your neighborhood, and others, on and off duty. Learn the layout of streets and churches. Keep an ear to the ground. Notice if two things you've seen or heard don't fit together.
- Keep your lips sealed. What you see in the line of duty may be people at their worst. The decision of guilt or innocence is a judge's, not your own.
- Avoid bias. Your duty is to uphold the impartial law of Aldenmarsh. Your opinions about whether someone is upstanding or not, rich or poor, attractive or ugly, engaged in a dubious profession, helpful or unhelpful, or foreign do not have any place in the legal process. Always enforce the policiesof the Field Regulations Manual as written. Your judgement is not welcome or needed.
New recruits are provided with:
- (2) Standard shirts, black
- (2) Standard pairs of pants, black
- (1) Belt, crimson red leather
- (1) Chain shirt
- (1) Pair Steel Eye epaulets
- (1) Standard issue steel shortsword
- (1) Standard issue mess kit
- (1) Tinderbox, (1) Lamp, and (2) pint flasks of lamp oil for night patrol
- (1) Wooden truncheon
- (1) Pocket size book "Steel Eye Field Regulations Complete Manual, 17th edition" by Johann Humanson
- (1) Book "The Legal Code of Aldenmarsh"
- (1) Personalized wooden badge with name and company
I pledge to protect the Church of Baneth and the citizens of Aldenmarsh. I will be true to the church, to the law of the great country of Aldenmarsh, and to the duly appointed Council, as long as I serve the Steel Eye. I will make sure justice is served, and be merciful where possible.
- Lance Twospell. Head of the Steel Eye, high priest of Baneth, member of the Aldenmarsh council. So far, an unknown.
- Johann Humanson, deceased. Last head of the Steel Eye. Half-orc, stickler for regulations and handling everything exactly according to the law as written. Reputation for being harsh but unbiased.