za3k > aldenmarsh > party > thirty-sixth cohort
The Thirty-Sixth Cohort of Hell are a group of devils in Makasis.
The cohort want to stay in power in Makasis. They do have rivals there, but their loyalty to Hell is stronger. They want to make sure their power stays strong in Xuxuwell. That means overthrowing any nearby theocracies or other large, religious powers. Ultimately, Xuxuwell may become more and more devil-controlled, and devils may try to conquer the world.
A few people willing work for devils in exchange for sinful treats, power, or simply enough money. Most of their human servants they control through a mixture of fear, threat, punishment, and training. Extortion, blackmail, kidnapping, and threatening loved ones are all common.
- Storm's handler has a name she can't pronounce. She refers to him (it?) only as "Yes, Handler.". He is quadrapedual, looking somewhat like a fleshy deer, with two forked horns over a scaled red face with goat eyes. He often grabs her as punishment--his whole body is hot enough to burn. He sometimes walks on hind legs as well. Storm checks in with her handler at least once a week. He sometimes contacts her as well. It's been made clear that if she ever checks in late, her siblings will lose body parts.
- The captain of the Thirty-Sixth Cohort in Makasis is Duke Pxsurnc. He removes the tongue of anyone who mispronounces his name in his presence. Storm has seen him once, when he decided she would work for the Cohort. Other than being bright green, scaled and 9 feet tall, he looked like an ordinary, bored human soldier.
- The leader of the Thirty-Sixth Cohort lives in the Fifth Hell. Storm doesn't know his name, but it starts with an "M".
- Makasis: The Thirty-Sixth Cohort controls a big part of Makasis. Makasis politicians are in the pocket of the Hells, or no better than them. In addition, devil troops openly roam the streets and pick off anyone that picks their fancy.
- Avernus, the first Hell: Storm was trained in a tightly locked building in Avernus. She hasn't seen much of the layer except her trip in and out. The sky is blood red, and it's completely desolate. The air is supernaturally dry, and unchangingly hot. There is a constant, changing grinding noise from the rocks underneath. It sometimes leaked acidic blood from the ceiling--Storm isn't sure if it was rain or from the room above. At night choking smoke came in from the windows. The training facility itself was a series of identical, blood-soaked stone rooms. When she dropped items, she would sometimes see them on the floor again when walking--somehow space itself was warped, or the devils were playing tricks.
- Stygia, the Sixth Hell: Storm has been told her siblings have been moved from the Second Hell deeper, so they can never escape.