za3k > aldenmarsh > party > zorinn > trevor whiterune's journal
You have restored Trevor Whiterune's journal. There were two barriers--water damage and his scrawling, crabbed handwriting.
Trevor wrote daily for nearly two years. His day-to-day entries are mostly short personal notes about what happened that day. Interspersed are longer rants and notes on plans or research. He refers to his research notes, which appear to have been elsewhere, but you can piece together what they were about using the journal and some notes in his spellbook.
- Year 420, Day 45 - Pasta was bland for lunch. Passed Maros in the hall. He didn't say anything like usual. Elves.
- Year 420, Day 46 - Passed Segarrelion in the hall. Asked him about the best way to cure disease. He suggested crushed emeralds. Rich noble prick. Saw Marla after I got home.
- Year 420, Day 47 - Talked to Leonard. He's friendly, but even though I help him with research, I notice I still don't get a citation. Well, friendliness got him places, I can't deny that. We'll see if I ever give him a citation, though.
- Year 420, Day 48 - Wraps today were pretty good. Hot out, wish I had some lemonade in the office. Still stuck on the damn tiny hut, is it really worth it? You can literally just build a hut.
From the journal, you slowly build a picture of a petty man. Trevor writes overly long rants about perceived slights to him, usually academic. Multiple of his rants are about elves being racist and elitist.
You confirm that he did steal the artifacts you recovered:
- Year 421, Day 322 - Took the Septimare collection from Leggy's house. I did half of Leggy's research and he never gave me enough credit. Just took what Leggy owed me for it, nothing else. He didn't know the value of Septimare's artifacts. Now that he's out of the way I'll make good use of it.
His writing greatly degenerates sometime after he moved to Snaketon.
- Year 422, Day 12 - Moving to Snaketon. No one will bother me there, and I can finally focus and get some real work done.
- Year 422, Day 32 - Still can't focus enough to understand Septimare's instructions. I have to be careful and avoid temptation to cast the ritual until I fully understand it.
- Year 422, Day 35 - Today I had the strangest time. I started laughing out of nowhere, and I couldn't control it. Maybe living alone isn't for everyone.
- Year 422, Day 40 - I MUST OPEN THE GATE, BUT I CANNOT! WATER IS THE ONLY TRUTH, AND TRUTH IS BEAUTY.
- Year 422, Day 45 - [Random, frantic scribbling, until half the page is black and torn through]
- Year 422, Day 46 - Not sure what's happening to me. I keep feeling crazy. I'm having less and less time where I feel myself. Can't stop laughing.
- Year 422, Day 77 - I have to do it. I have to open the gate while I'm still myself. I understand what Septimare saw now. We must bring them, because only they can save us.
- Year 422, Day 78 - Failure. It wasn't enough. A great sacrifice is needed to bring a greater elemental. Still can't stop laughing for some reason. I think the ritual made it worse.
- Year 422, Day 82 - I have a plan. [drawing of Trever's tower, with a squid in it, and a giant lake flooding the Farm]
- Year 422, Day 98 - I watch the water flow. I watch the water flow. I have to wait until it is full. I watch the water flow. I watch the water flow [this goes on until the end of the journal]