za3k > games > in media res
3+ players tell a story together
supplies needed: pencil and paper (optional)
playtime 5-10 minutes
written by zachary "za3k" vance on 2022-02-25
- "Yep, that's me. I bet you're wondering how I got into this situation... here on mars... running from a jeep of bandits... wearing nothing but my underclothes..."
- start in the middle of the story
- each player adds onto the sentence in turn. you can actually write down the middle if you want, but don't bother writing down the rest of the story
- It all started one sunny day in Florida, when I missed the bus
- each player tells one sentence of the story at a time. once you get to the middle of the story, everyone cheers.
- And that's how I became known as the Moon Emerald Kid.
- once the story ends, stop.
- got boring once you hit the middle again. make the middle a cliffhanger and immediately resolve everything, or stop there. i worked as a puma trainer. the pay wasn't great, but i just love taunting pumas.